A Division of Priority Advisory Group
Workplace Financial Advice – For Employees
As an employee, we are dedicated to helping you understand your Workplace Financial Advice (WFA) benefits, as well as provide timely education and support. While you may be an expert in your field at work, we can help you maximise the ongoing financial wellbeing benefits available through your employer.
Maximising Your Workplace’s Employee Benefits
Our financial literacy and wellbeing education provides further value by equipping you with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions about your finances. Our experience shows that early intervention and comprehensive financial education produces better outcomes for you and your family, and achieving that is our main goal. We deliver this education through workplace education seminars; one-on-one consultations; executive benefits; access to financial advice; and more.
Additional Member Benefits & Services
Additionally, our WFA team can help you address the following, and more:
- Identify your ideal super fund: We’ll help you understand what your current fund costs and what it offers, as well as outline the benefits offered in your employer’s fund.
- Consolidate Your Super: We can help you bring all your super funds together, making your super easier to manage, and reducing fees by eliminating duplication. You may also have insurance in each fund that can also be consolidated.
- Investment selection: Ultimately, you are in control of your investment decisions. Making an informed decision can make a significant difference to your financial wellbeing and retirement options. For example, an extra 2% investment return over your working life can double the end benefits. We can provide advice on how to reach your lifestyle and retirement goals.
- Concessional/salary sacrifice (pre-tax) superannuation contributions: You can contribute to your superannuation balance using before-tax income by entering a salary-sacrifice arrangement with your employer. In some cases, you may save up to 32% tax – what a great return!
- Non-concessional (after-tax) superannuation contributions: Income from super is tax-free in retirement, so getting more money into super makes sense. What’s more, if you use after-tax funds, there is no tax obligation on the way into your fund. Our WFA team will help you manage these contributions to maximise the tax benefits.
- Government co-contributions: Lower income earners can make after-tax contributions to their superannuation and receive an additional contribution from the government. We can help you assess your eligibility for this.
- Correct levels of insurance. Did you know most Australians are under-insured? Could you continue to pay the bills if you got sick or had an accident? If you were to pass away suddenly, how would your family cope financially? We can review your insurance policies to ensure you and your loved ones are adequately covered for life’s curveballs.
- Binding death nominations. We can assist with coordinating the process whereby you can nominate who receives your superannuation and insurance benefits when you pass away. Nominated payments are outside your estate, often paid to a valid nominee within six weeks, meaning your family has one less thing to worry about, at what is a very difficult time.
- Spouse splitting. You are able to split 85% of your previous year’s employer and salary sacrifice contribution to your spouse to help equalise your superannuation accounts, which may have planning benefits, and may reduce future taxes. We’ll help you explore your options and facilitate the relevant paperwork if required.
- Retirement planning. Retirement should be all about living the lifestyle you desire. In order to achieve this vision, careful planning is critical, and the sooner you start to plan, the better. We can help you lay the foundations now for the retirement you’ll enjoy years down the track.